- - What to ask your GP or Specialist
It's Important to get the facts.
If you are going to see a General Practitioner or Specialist with questions about Lip and Tongue tie, here are some questions that may help you decided what is the best option for you and your child.
- What experience have they had with identifying and treating Lip and Tongue ties?
- If the child will grow out of it, at which age is this likely to occur and how?
- With a restriction of the Lip or Tongue tie, what are the short and long term implications on eating, speech, mouth formation?
- What are the options for treatment – and what are the pro's and con's of each?
- Who are the experts in the area of Lip and Tongue tie you can talk too?
For more information about Lip and Tongue Ties, head over to our KIDS site, Healthy Kids Nurtured by Nature.