Although there are other ways of treating lip and tongue ties,
• Less invasive therapy, no cutting or sutures
• Virtually painless and less swelling
• Lasers remove
• Faster healing due to laser bio-stimulation of your cells
• Faster recovery than the conventional method
Where a tongue tie is being released with a snip of scissors, the tissue here is very thin and there is a greater chance that it will bleed significantly.
What about lip ties then? Those are thick and fleshy, which means when they are cut they not only bleed but also require stitches (suturing). Furthermore, this requires everyone to stay still, which is practically impossible with babies or small children. We understand how hard this can be! That is why this procedure can only be done with a general anaesthetic.
At KIDS, we chose Soft Tissue Laser which allows for a more considered approach, because of the preciseness of the laser. It is designed to focus on the area of treatment and allows your everyone's lip and tongue ties to be released at the same time.
If you want to treat your lip and tongue ties with the laser, come and visit us at KIDS*. We are the only practitioners in Central Queensland that have invested in this advanced technology and training to give you and your family the optimal care and results.
Check out KIDS for more information about laser versus snipping!
* Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.