DentalCareXtra uses Soft Tissue Laser to treat for Lip and Tongue Ties*. This is our preferred approach to treating Lip and Tongue Ties.
A Soft Tissue Laser has the benefit of:
• Less invasive therapy, no cutting or sutures
• Virtually painless and less swelling
• Lasers remove any infection and bacteria like no other method can
• Faster healing due to laser bio-stimulation of your cells
• Faster recovery than other conventional methods
DentalCareXtra is the only Practitioners in Central Queensland that have invested in this advanced technology and training to give you and your family the optimal care and results.
Traditionally a tongue tie has been released with a snip of scissors. The tissue is very thin and has a likelihood to bleed.
Lip-tie, on the other hand, are thick and fleshy. If cut, they will bleed and require suturing (stitches), this requires a baby to stay still and this can only be achieved with a general anaesthetic.
As we use Soft Tissue Laser (which allows for releasing tongue ties and lip ties in babies without bleeding) stitches are not required, therefore a general anaesthetic for your baby is not needed. A small amount of local anaesthetic in the lip and while the baby must be held still, the procedure is painfree.
When a laser is used to release a tongue tie it allows for a more considered approach to tongue tie release, not just a quick snip of a scissors and a hope the job is done. This is because of the preciseness of the laser, that is designed to focus on the area of treatment. A laser allows your baby's lip and tongue ties to be released at the same time.
Check out KIDS for more information about laser verse snipping!
* Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.