What to ask your GP or Specialist? It’s Important to get the facts.
If you are going to see a General Practitioner or Specialist with questions about Lip and Tongue Tie, here are some questions that may help you decided what is the best option for you and your child.
- What experience have they had with identifying and treating Lip and Tongue ties?
- If the child will grow out of it, at which age is this likely to occur and how?
- With a restriction of the Lip or Tongue tie, what are the short and long-term implications of eating, speech, mouth formation?
- What are the options for treatment – and what are the pros and cons of each?
- Who are the experts in the area of Lip and Tongue-tie you can talk too?